Inside Out Carrot Cake Cookies
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Difficult
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 1/8 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup coarsely grated carrots
- 1 scant cup chopped walnuts (3 ounces)
- 1/2 cup raisins (2 1/2 ounces)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup honey
- Put oven racks in upper and lower thirds of oven and preheat oven to 375°F. Butter 2 baking sheets.
- Whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a bowl
- Beat together butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla in a bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Mix in carrots, nuts, and raisins at low speed, then add flour mixture and beat until just combined.
- Drop 1 1/2 tablespoons batter per cookie 2 inches apart on baking sheets and bake, switching position of sheets halfway through baking, until cookies are lightly browned and springy to the touch, 12 to 16 minutes total. Cool cookies on sheets on racks 1 minute, then transfer cookies to racks to cool completely.
- While cookies are baking, blend cream cheese and honey in a food processor until smooth.
- Sandwich flat sides of cookies together with a generous tablespoon of cream cheese filling in between.
- Servings : 13
- Ready in : 60 Minutes
Read more about this chef..