Egg Nog Crinkle Cookies
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg, plus extra for dusting
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 8 ounce package of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 tablespoons bourbon or light rum
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg plus 1 large egg yolk
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar for dusting
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and spices until well blended. Set aside
- Cream together cream cheese and butter until well blended and smooth. Beat in sugar, bourbon or rum, extracts, and salt; mix until well combined, light and fluffy. Add egg and egg yolk and beat in until creamy and light for about 2 minutes on medium speed. Be sure and do this step.
- On low speed, gradually add flour mixture and mix just until fully incorporated. Dough will be very sticky. Cover bowl and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Then arrange oven rack in lower third of the oven and preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside. Place icing sugar in a bowl and set aside.
- Measure enough dough to roll into one inch balls or use a cookie scoop to get uniform size cookies. Roll dough into balls and roll in icing sugar to coat. Place the balls of dough on to cookie sheet at least 2 inches apart. Bake in the preheated oven for about 14 minutes until the cookies are puffed and crackled. Do not overtake. The cookies will still be soft in the centres. If they start to brown around the edges, the have baked for too long. The underside of the cookie should be only lightly brown.
- Transfer the cookies from the baking sheet to a cooling rack to allow cookies to cool for at least 10 minutes. If desired, while the cookies are still warm, dust with some additional icing sugar if needed, and freshly grated nutmeg. Once cooled, store the cookies in an airtight container. Serve cookies chilled or at room temperature
- Servings : 30
- Ready in : 45 Minutes
Read more about this chef..