Double Dark Chocolate Shortbread
- Difficulty Level Medium
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1/4 cup dark cocoa powder (Hershey's Special Dark)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Oven to 325F Cream the butter, cocoa powder and sugar together until completely combined and smooth. Add in the vanilla.
- Mix in the flour, and finish with a wooden spoon. Don't over mix.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and turn the dough out onto a board and form into an smooth 8" log. The dough will be sticky.
- Wrap it in waxed or parchment paper and twist both ends to secure, shaping the log as you roll. Refrigerate for at least an hour, or overnight. You can also freeze the dough for later use.
- Slice the log into 1/3" slices with a sharp knife. Put on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake in the center of the oven for 12 to 15 minutes. They will feel slightly soft, don't over bake them.
- Cool for a few minutes on the pan and then transfer to a rack. If you're going to give them away make sure they are completely cool before you package them.
Read more about this chef..